The cold air cuts my eyes.
My vision swirling red,
And I walk through it,
Lost and easily led.

The future lies in ruins,
While I destroy the past,
The war is over, You have won,
It has beaten me at last.

But loss will always save the day,
Kicking me hard where it hurts,
As I lay blinded in the mud,
My mouth the taste of blood and dirt,
Where a broken smile slowly appears,
Because my time is almost done,
Done with coping, despite it all,
Done with dreaming and standing tall.

This boy's race is run.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Feel the love: Mancow returns to KC radio
Saturday, September 24, 2005 Posted 12:50 AM GMT Hearne Christopher Jr. Batten down your radio hatches: The Cow is now! As of today - ' probably before you awoke or read this column - ' Kansas City expatriate ...
With a web site out there that specifically deals in quality visitors why not check it out?

quality visitors is something everyone needs to know about!

{illyria} said...

fuck spammers. and i love your killer last line.